others about this website!
Kids First is 100% volunteer run by parents. Financial and time limits,
and technical difficulties are constant. This website is our chief means
of cheap efficient communicationPASS IT ON!
How to Help
- To promote the optimal care and well being of children
- To encourage and develop a recognition of the importance of child
care being provided within the home by a parent
You can help in the following ways:
- Become a member of Kids First if you agree with our purposes. It's
free. Send us you full
name, address, area code, phone number and e-mail address. Members
recieve e-mail updates and notices of events.
- To recieve updates without becoming a member, SUBSCRIBE
to Kids First News to receive Kids First updates about once a month.
- Make a donation to Kids First Parent Association of Canada and receive
a receipt for income tax purposes. We have no paid staff. Funding
for the organization helps us continue our research work and dissemination
of information. Make the cheque out to Kids First Parent Association
of Canada, and mail it to
Kids First Canada
Unlike daycare lobbyists, we are not funded by government, corporations
11 Wade Rd
- MEET with or WRITE a letter to politicians:
list of Members of Parliament is available online. You can also
1-800-O-CANADA toll free for the information.
Check the phone book for the ministry responsible for child care,
women's and children's issues.
Check the phone book. Many cities also subsidize daycare and not parental
- WRITE a letter to the editor.
- PHONE a radio or TV station.
- BE INFORMED and share information. Read our in-depth report, "Daycare
Fact & Fiction, Ideology & Agendas," available as a pdf
- ORGANIZE a group in your area to discuss these issues, or discuss
this at your school, social group, family drop-in, cultural or religious
Search this Site
Current Issues and Action
Fund the Child Movement
Book List: Recommended Reading
How You Can Help