- Innocenti Centre/OECD Report promotes daycare yet says it harms child development. Published by the Innocenti Centre, now a department of UNICEF. Written by Peter Adamson drawing on research by John Bennett from the OECD’s daycare agency:
2008. UNICEF – report (PDF): “The child care transition, Innocenti Report Card 8”
- “Childcare is bad for your baby, working parents are warned: A Unicef study suggests that government policy is at odds with the developmental needs of children under 12 months (broken link).” December 11, 2008 London Times article on the report.
- Kids First commentary. Daycare Lobby Co-Opting the UNICEF Brand:
December 2008. Kids First Parent Association of Canada – report (PDF): “UNICEF Daycare Report: Children and Parents’ Rights Wronged” .
You can also find this report here.
- Metro article by daycare lobbyist Martha Friendly
“Getting better child care: It’s the policy, stupid“ (broken link)
- Dec 16, 2008. UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre – email (PDF): UNICEF says daycare lobbyists Martha Friendly and Sandra Griffin (former Executive Director of the Childcare Federation of Canada) were the Canadians consulted.
- Candian Paediatric Society – email (image): UNICEF sets up daycare lobby leader to act as media contact before release of UNICEF daycare report